ABOUT THE PROJECT
We are implementing the ‘’Strengthening Civil Society-Private Sector Partnerships Through Corporate Social Responsibility’’ Project in cooperation with CSR Europe within the context of Fifth Phase of the Civil Society Dialogue Programme.
Our overall objectives are to achieve the objectives contained in the acquis between the European Union and Turkey; learning good partnerships examples of Civil Society and Private Sector in the European Union countries and examining the conditions and arrangements for this cooperation.
What sectors have such partnerships, what are the disadvantages, what are the consequences, what kind of contribution does it make to the society and the economy? Our project will try to answer these questions.
One of our specific objective in the project is strengthening the network and mutual exchange between partners and the creation of a sustainable CSR network in Turkey and establishing new collaborations expanding the best practice in this area. In this context, the dialogue between the actors will be strengthened and supported to achieve global and local goals. Literature reviews and interviews will be conducted to hold CSR situation analysis in Turkey and Europe. Civil society and private sector partnerships in Turkey and Europe will be examined and then this data will be converted to a comparative report.
The other specific objective is capacity building of non- governmental organizations and private sector representatives under the framework of corporate social responsibility and social dialogue. For this purpose, training in seven different regions of Turkey in order to raise awareness and capacity building will be held and CSR awareness will be gained to participants from various sectors.
The training will increase the level of knowledge of civil society organizations and business, they will learn how the partnerships work in Europe by deliberating good examples and they will develop their own collaborations ideas.
The network and communication established through the dialogue between the countries will be strengthened in the process after the training. Then, cooperation will be developed between different sectors at the local and national level.
- Capacity building of non- governmental organizations and private sector representatives under the framework of corporate social responsibility and social dialogue.
- Strengthening network and mutual exchange between partners.
- The creation of a sustainable CSR network in Turkey and establishing new collaborations expanding best practice in this area
- Conducting interviews with private sector representatives to determine the best practices of corporate social responsibility in Turkey
- Preparation the reports of civil society and private sector cooperation in Europe and Turkey and using data of these reports to create the comparative report.
- Study visits between Turkey and Belgium
- With data from study visits, organizing training in seven different regions of Turkey in order to raise awareness and capacity building of civil society and private sector representatives in Turkey.
- Sharing the outputs obtained from report and project activities in the closing event to be held in Istanbul in February 2020